Partly as a result of the pandemic, there are six of us in our household now: five adults and a teenager. So it is like a holiday. Except it isn't: four are preparing for exams of one kind or another and the rest of us have plenty to do.
Last evening we talked over dinner and came up with a plan:
- All meals will be eaten together. That means that everyone has to get up by 7.30am. Easier for some!
- We have divided up the chores between us with everyone's tasks on the whiteboard.
- Family devotions continue during breakfast.
- There will be a daily family walk, weather permitting, with optional participation. We also recognise that some might want to walk by themselves sometimes.
- The hours between breakfast and our evening meal are generally for work. The evenings are more flexible.
- We will try to get involved in whatever our churches are doing online.
- Whatever money would have been spent on food at university, now goes into the family kitty.
- We will let our elderly neighbours know they can call on us for help.
How are you organising your family life?